1) “ The Little Black School House: Revealing the Histories of Canada’s Segregated Schools—A Conversation with Sylvia Hamilton: Brianne Howard & Sarah Smith, in the Canadian Review of American Studies, 2011, University of Toronto Press.
2) “ Eradicating Erasure: The Documentary Film Practice of Sylvia Hamilton”, by Shana McGuire and Darrell Varga, in The Gendered Screen: Canadian Women Filmmakers, Edited by Brenda Austin-Smith and George Melnyk, Wilfrid Laurier Press, 2010.
3)“We’re Here, Standing at the Shoreline: Sylvia Hamilton’s Intervention in the Nova Scotian Discourse of Belonging and Multicultural Citizenship”, by S. Morgan Beckford, Canadian Woman Studies, Vol, 27, No. 2-3, 2009.
4) “Hurtful Times Documentary exposes history of Canada’s segregated schools”
5) The Little Black Schoolhouse, By Marie Weeren – December 1, 2008
6) Stories from the Little Black School House, on page 91.
YouTube Videos About The Little Black School House
The Backstory of the Film (Sylvia D Hamilton on The Little Black School House)
Visual Landscape and Film Structure (Sylvia Hamilton on The Little Black School House)
The Role of Music (Sylvia Hamilton on The Little Black School House)